5 SIMPLE SELF CARE TIPS FOR BUSY WOMEN
Article by Claire O'Meara
Philosophy of People
Magazine: Issue #18
One of the most common complaints I hear as a health coach is constant fatigue.
Once I get to know these women, it’s obvious why they are so tired. They are always on the go, and everything needs to be done NOW. High flying jobs, juggling children, running the home, socialising, and more.
The common denominator with all these ladies is that they never have any time for self care; everybody else comes first, and then time runs out for them to take care of themselves.
This it is detrimental to our health & well-being, and PCOS, IBS, HORMONE IMBALANCES, and BREAKDOWNS all on the rise.
We are putting our bodies under so much extra pressure and stress, and it is our nervous system that has to cope with this. We have all heard of the Fight or Flight mode, but what is this actually doing to our bodies ?
When we live in a state of busyness, we live on Adrenalin, and although we are so tired, we are often so wired that it keeps us going. SNS dominance though can cause serious issues with our sleep quality, fat stores, poor food choices, moods, and overall quality of life.
It’s time to look after YOU. After all, what happens when you crash and burn and can’t look after yourself nor anyone else?
5 Simple Self Care Tips For Busy Women
1. Breakfast Like a Queen: Start the day with a good protein breakfast. This will help stabilise the blood sugars, balance hormones, and leave you feeling fuller for longer.
2. Learn to Say No: Have you been feeling overwhelmed because you are in the habit of saying yes to all kinds of requests? Learn to say no if you need some time and attention for yourself.
3. Do Something Fun Just For You: When was the last time you watched a chick flick and laughed so much it hurt? Rode a bike, read a book, or scheduled an hour or two a week just for you?
4. Stop Being Hard on Yourself: Don’t compare yourself to others. You are who you are in all your wonderful glory. Learn to love yourself. Everyone else has their own baggage; you just don’t know what that is.
5. Eat Your Greens: Lots of them. They are great for the skin, giving you energy and for fat loss. Give greens a go!
Philosophy of People is a compilation of self-improvement articles written by entrepreneurs seeking to bring holistic solutions to everyday problems. Read more articles from our 2nd Year Anniversary issue.
Claire O'Meara. Married to Brendan, owner of The Lifestyle Studios; and a human mummy/owner to our fluffy boy Sydney; lover of green juices; and love nothing better than a good plank at Pilates! She's also a Health and Nutrition coach that is an avid fan of clean eating & medicinal cooking. Learn more at Claire O'Meara