GRILLED PIZZA WITH
2 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
2 ¾ tsp baking powder
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup warm water +1/4 more if needed
½ cup marinara sauce
1 heirloom tomato, cut into chunks
1 small red onion, sliced
1 head of garlic, peeled
1 ear of corn, shucked
5 stalks of kale, chopped and sautéed
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp sea salt
½ tbsp black pepper
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine dry ingredients. With the mixer turned on and fitted with the hook attachment, pour in wet ingredients. Allow to mix until dough ball is formed. If dough is dry, add more water, 1 tbsp at a time. On a floured surface, roll dough out to ¼ inch thick.
3. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of dough and place directly on grill. Cook about 8 minutes, or until bubbles have formed throughout crust. Flip and cook for an addition 5 minutes.
4. Place all vegetables, including garlic, directly onto the grill. Sometimes, if I have smaller pieces of vegetables I will use a grill basket so that they won’t slip through the grill. Cook for 7 minutes on each side. You will need to turn the corn cob several times in order to cook all sides evenly. Remove from grill once vegetables have grill marks.
5. Cut corn kernels off the cobb. Spread marinara sauce over crust and place all vegetables on pizza. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Serve warm.
FEATURED RECIPE AUTHOR: (MORE RECIPES BY MELISSA INSIDE THE CLUB!)
Melissa Ann Haithcock is a cook, recipe developer,food stylist, speaker, writer, photographer, and healthy living enthusiast who lives life with her husband, musician Wiley Chandler, and their Yorkie, Tootsie, in lovely Nashville, Tennessee. She is the founder and creator of A Happy Healthy Heart. Being a healthy person, to her, is about more than just eating the right things and doing the right exercises. It’s about positivity inside and out. From our words to our cleaning products to our food, what we put into our world is what we will get out of it.