MY RIDICULOUS MORNING RITUAL
(start your day off on the right foot)
Article by: Angel Quintana
Are you having trouble getting back in the swing of things? Are you worried your business or workout routine are suffering from your lack of motivation?
I feel you and so do thousands of people around the world! It’s always hard to get back to work and focus on your plans to change the world, improve your relationship, or nourish your body when you’ve been in “play mode” for the last 3 months!
The holidays can wipe out our mojo. Regaining your momentum after the holidays can be brutal, but it doesn't have to be impossible to reignite your motivation!
If you’ve been following me on Facebook, you already know it’s been a bumpy last couple months. Every morning when I awake, I found it harder and harder to get that skip in my step again.
I was once a jump out of bed at 5am to work on my daily to-do list, but those days appear to be long gone. And while I don’t necessarily want those days back, I do miss the adrenaline that came with that eagerness!
So today, I randomly created a new morning ritual for myself… and yeah, it’s a little ridiculous, but it worked like a charm!
So here it is, for you to enjoy (and maybe even laugh a little)…
My Ridiculous Morning Ritual
Put hair in bun. (unless you plan to wash your hair)
If you have any pets, bring them into the bathroom.
Grab your boombox, Jaw Box, Sonos, or whatever speaker (I use my Spotify account my phone and link it to my speaker)
Palo Santo or Sage (for space clearing)
- Light Palo Santo or Sage and clear your space -- making sure to get in the corners of the room
- Turn on Your Favorite Dance Tune (especially great if it’s someone/band or song you don’t really “listen” to in front of other people— LOL). I prefer Kelly Clarkson's: My Life Would Suck Without You!! Just make sure the song is uplifting! No sappy songs!!
- Take off all your clothes and dance around naked to that song in the middle of your bathroom.
- Repeat the song and do it again. This time get more into it. (I jumped around like I'm at a Nirvana concert! haha)
- Repeat the song again and this time sing along and smile! Like just get silly and laugh at yourself! This would be a great time to get your dog or cat involved. (I make my dog Bandit dance with me on his two hind legs).
- Get in the shower and play the song again.
- Lather up and smile and sing along the whole time.
- Get out of the shower, dry yourself off and play the song one more time! (Feel free to dance around again if you want).
- Pick up your pet and kiss him/her!
And there you have it! My ridiculous morning ritual for getting me motivated to take the workday by storm!
You've probably heard of the runner’s high, well dancing is a similar activity. Dancing is also a performance where adrenaline and endorphins work together to create an incredible "dancers high". Dancing is a terrific way to improve your mood and the health benefits are abundant!
Dancing will help produce natural antidepressants (like endorphins) but is also super fun! And you'll work out your body, improve your posture and sweat out those negative people and thoughts!
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you! I know this time of year can be tough to get the motivated to ignite, but it doesn’t have to be hard when you get to act ridiculous and dance to your secret music! <3