5 KEYS TO MAKING AN AWESOME FIRST
IMPRESSION FOR YOUR BRAND
Article by Tomesia Ingram
Philosophy of People
Magazine: Issue #18
We’ve all heard the saying you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. When you think about it, there are many ways you make an impression. Your website, marketing materials, business cards, office space, verbal communication and even your personal image all make an impression? What kind of first impression does your brand make?
Guarding your brand image is a must. Even on a tight budget, any money spent on creating the right image is to your advantage.
The most influential area an entrepreneur can control is the impression made by your personal image. Poor grooming, inappropriate dress and lack of proper language are the kiss of death to a brand image. Even if you don’t have office space outside the home, when you come in contact with the public, you should always be neatly groomed.
What can you do as a small business owner to assure you make a good first impression? These five tips should help:
1. Be sure all marketing materials with your brand name on it such as your website, marketing materials, and business cards have a consistent and professional image & feel including your logo and colors.
2. Set guidelines for how you dress, speak and behave when networking or meeting with clients. Once these guidelines are established, make sure you abide by them.
3. Develop customer service policies specifically designed to satisfy your clients, encourage repeat business and customer loyalty. It’s a lot easier to sell to existing clients than it is to find new ones.
4. Gather feedback from clients about how your brand and your products/services are perceived. Surveys are an excellent way to collect information that can help you make significant improvements to your brand image. Just, make sure you act on the feedback you receive.
5. Make sure you have a strategy to build your brand and monitor it online. Most of your current and prospective clients are present on social media in at least one network or another. You should be present in those same networks, participating in online discussions, building relationships and offering tips, help and advice whenever and wherever you can.
Great first impressions don’t happen by accident. As a small business owner you must be aggressive about creating the type of first impression you want to make and then making sure you are succeeding with every opportunity.
Philosophy of People is a compilation of self-improvement articles written by entrepreneurs seeking to bring holistic solutions to everyday problems. Read more articles from our 2nd Year Anniversary issue.
Tomesia Ingram is a high-spirited combination of brand strategist, marketing consultant and business coach. Tomesia has a sincere passion for empowering female entrepreneurs and small business owners to create sustainable brands with style. She not only provides her clients the tools they need to be successful, but also coaches them on developing authentic personal brands that attracts their target market. For more info, visit Tomesia Ingram.