DIY CHOCOLATE FACIAL
Article by Heather Huynh
Philosophy of People
Magazine: Issue #18
Chocolate facials are full of antioxidants, which helps repair your skin cells, hydrate, soothe, and increase plumpness and firmness to your skin! For a little help on sloughing off that dead skin cells of yours, just add a little bit of oatmeal to your chocolate facial masque and voilà! Oatmeal also helps fight dryness, is very soothing to the skin, gentle exfoliant, and acts as a natural defense for your skin!
Now, don't you forget to lick your face or the bowl when you're done! Seriously, not only is this chocolate facial beneficial for your skin, but it's also a great cure for PMS, mood-swings, and for satisfying that chocolate craving! Dessert and a more radiant, glowing, and hydrated skin? Yes, please!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk or dark chocolate chips (preferably dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for dry skin, I recommend coconut oil)
- 1 oz oatmeal
- 1 tbsp honey
1) Melt the chocolate chips
2) Mix all the ingredients together
3) Apply Chocolate Masque (make sure your skin is freshly cleansed before applying)
4) Enjoy for 15-20 minutes (like watch an episode of your favorite tv show on Netflix)
5) To remove, pat gently with a warm towel to dry
6) Follow up with your favorites: serum, eye creme, and then moisturizer/spf
Philosophy of People is a compilation of self-improvement articles written by entrepreneurs seeking to bring holistic solutions to everyday problems. Read more articles from our 2nd Year Anniversary issue.
Heather is a professionally licensed and certified clinical esthetician. She graduated from Cinta Aveda Institute in San Francisco where she learned and practiced skincare, waxing, and makeup. While she was at Cinta Aveda, Heather was also part of the Creative Team as a make-up artist, where she attended fashion shows, private photoshoots, and films. Learn more at Esti Heather.