PALEO BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE
Article by Bethany Mullins
I'm no granola or cliff bar kinda gal. If I'm going to eat something carby it's going to be a muffin. A baked good that slowly collapses in your mouth like a cloud. Mmmmm. I found a gluten free, paleo muffin that doesn't suck! Plus, it has blueberries in it. AHHH!!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, oil and vanilla. Blend well with whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a whisk.
- Fold in blueberrieswith a spatula.
- Pour batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin (greased with coconut oil or using paper liners).
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve!
- *This recipe is a variation of What I Gather (http://www.whatigather.com/2013/07/grain-free-lemon-blueberry-lavender.html).
I like to make mine in a mini-muffin pan. For one, because everything is adorable small, and for two you're allowed to eat more of them.